Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Finger

Dale has become a CrossFitter. It's a bit of an addiction really. Watching a one-legged guy do a CrossFit WOD (workout of the day) can be pretty impressive. Until he falls. You see, Dale takes his leg off for many of his workouts, which leaves him off-balance. Which leaves him susceptible to falling. And fall he did. He rolled right off the front of the back extension machine... there was no left leg to provide the counter-balance he needed. The good news is that Dale's pretty good at falling. He was able to do a nice little tuck of the head and roll right off of that machine. Where's the video camera when you need it? The only problem was his finger. It was not right at all.

A Classic Dorsal Dislocation
So... not liking shots, Dale had the doctor relocate that finger without any painkillers. This is a 16 second video that's totally worth watching:

7 comments:

  1. Impressive! Giving thumbs up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That took some serious cajones. Ouch ouch ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hurting watching it!! Oh no, did you miss a day waving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ai, ai, ai, ai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just almost passed out seeing that! Oh Dale, I just...I am still woozy. You. Are.The. Man! So I guess that hand didn't feel like waving at the bus? When I first saw the title of the post I was thinking of another kind of finger. You know the international one?

    Hope you feel better asap! I love this blog!
    Amy@Read to My Heart's Content

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! OUCH!! Glad they got it all relocated for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that had to hurt. I hope it is feeling a lot better by now.

    ReplyDelete